Gordon Ramsey and his Chef style.

• 385 posts
    January 28, 2024 4:04 PM CST

I read this article about Gordon Ramsey and couldn't agree with the authors point.  Gordon Ramsey is a chef and an entertainer.  We watch Hell's Kitchen for the drama.  I don't really care if the drama was created or real (I probably should) but in today's world, this kind of drama is far removed from real life, and it's nice to take a trip on the Ramsey train for an hour too see how bad it can get in the kitchen and how it all gets fixed.  Who survived, who cried, who got yelled at, did they deserve their Ramsey "dress down", and who barely scraped by?  It's not the people that Ramsey didn't give a hard time to, it's the people that he did give his "chew out session" too, which is the reason we watch.  For right or wrong, it's like sports to me, just the game is in the kitchen.

https://www.eater.com/24049191/gordon-ramsay-hells-kitchen-toxic-chef-culture

There’s a point in most Hell’s Kitchen episodes where Gordon Ramsay stops dinner service. There’s a problem: The beef Wellington is raw. Or the scallops are raw. Or the salmon is raw. It upsets Ramsay so much that he’s forced to chuck the beef against a wall or punch the salmon, the full force of his fist making raw fish shards fly everywhere.

Sorry, that's funny.  How many of us would like to hurl food across our kitchen, one time and just "let it go".😃

• 22 posts
    January 29, 2024 5:09 AM CST

I like Gordon Ramsey and Hell's Kitchen, but I have to say I don't think it's all total "reality", You can sort of tell some scenes are either scripted or rehearsed, and when he does a makeover overnight, c'mon let's be realistic, you can't do that kind of work overnight! 🤣

But is entertaining and I think that's the point of the programme. 😃

• 385 posts
    January 29, 2024 3:39 PM CST

Well said, Mark....that's where I'm at too...If I was entertained with laughter, a gasp or drama frustration, then that's entertainment to me and the program was worth the time. 

I've rarely agreed with movie critiques or people like this author that seem to forget that there's a variety of people out there in this vast world that react and relate different ways, and that's the beauty of entertainment we can choose or not to choose to watch. 

Yeah, the make-over's have always confounded me too....how does that happen in less than a 24 hour period? 🤓

• 22 posts
    January 30, 2024 4:36 AM CST

I don't like movie critics, after all, I don't think there's a valid qualification you can get to be one, it's just their opinion at the end of the day! 😃

• 385 posts
    February 1, 2024 3:01 PM CST

Totally agree with you.  I don't think I've ever agreed with a movie critic.  It's subjective opinions based on their preferences not ours. 

Gravity is one movie we watched to the end and wondered what the award brouhaha was? 🤓

• 47 posts
    March 1, 2024 5:55 PM CST

Honestly, I know opinions on Gordon Ramsay are always controversial, someone either loves him, or hates him, but from what I've seen, he's become my favorite chef. His words can be brutal to contestants at times when they've made grave or health threating errors when it comes to the food, but overall, he's actually very nice to people outside of those situations. He's great at what he does, and he's been very successful. I really enjoy all the shows I've watched of his. 

• 78 posts
    March 2, 2024 9:54 AM CST
    Alexis Bello said:

Honestly, I know opinions on Gordon Ramsay are always controversial, someone either loves him, or hates him, but from what I've seen, he's become my favorite chef. His words can be brutal to contestants at times when they've made grave or health threating errors when it comes to the food, but overall, he's actually very nice to people outside of those situations. He's great at what he does, and he's been very successful. I really enjoy all the shows I've watched of his. 

Ditto 😎 and our smileys are too small to see in the post and when choosing one.