Social Media Websites with Integrity ~ Who are they?

• 379 posts
    January 5, 2022 12:47 PM CST

I should think that nothing should surprise me anymore when there's new social media shenanigans, censorship, agendas, or new revelations about a website's integrity, purpose or the people in the boardroom promoting one message, yet really behind another.

If you are any news aficionado, short term or long-term news junkie, if you are really paying attention to the way the wind blows, you will be able to pick up on subtle changes within a websites directional purpose.  I'll share an example. The Drudge Report for many years was a Conservative News website aggregate, presenting links of news to various websites.  The collective links were slanted to appeal to conservatives, simply put without over elaborating.  The Drudge Report over seven years ago (best guess), changed its agenda through subtle changes of links shared that demonstrated another slant to a news story other than a conservative slant.  Unbeknownst, to the general reader, the Drudge Report evolved into more of a left-leaning news aggregate.  

*Personally, I view my news from various sources, left and right leaning and do my research. There is too much news today, that is driven by an agenda and it's important to read from different news websites.

I'm bringing this point up because the divide in our country is continuing to get wider, broader and like snake-oil salesmen, it is important to be aware of the people in the background promoting their websites.  A new social media website that claims to be an alternative to that tweeting website, now revealed, has a Communications Director, which is anti-Trump/Pro Obama. Driving in my point, wherever you stand politically, if you are in a prominent position where trust is a big deal, and the website claims to be created to express specific content, please be forthcoming. 

After reviewing this platform, like the other platforms that seem to be popping up as alternatives, I'm not sure they are any better.  The biggest drive is bringing people into insight and inflame.  Website names alone, can be inflammatory.... I'd name a few but you all probably know which ones I'm referring too.

What websites do you believe have integrity, that you trust, participate with, what keeps your interest and why do support it?

This post was edited by Web Diva at February 21, 2022 6:19 PM CST
    • 4 posts
    January 7, 2022 9:00 AM CST
    Friends Realm, I don’t use any other social media sites (not anymore) I don’t trust any of them. I do however trust you implicitly and therefore I support FR.
    • 379 posts
    January 7, 2022 10:03 AM CST
    Ceri Conner said:
    Friends Realm, I don’t use any other social media sites (not anymore) I don’t trust any of them. I do however trust you implicitly and therefore I support FR.
    Ceri, you are the sweetest, well-loved and so appreciated!   Thank you for your faith, support and trust.  FR will always strive for the best because of friends like you that deserve that experience BEST! 

• 4 posts
    January 7, 2022 10:15 AM CST
    Love ya TWD πŸ€—πŸ’—πŸ€—
    • 379 posts
    January 9, 2022 10:29 AM CST
    Ceri Conner said:
    Love ya TWD πŸ€—πŸ’—πŸ€—
    With gratitude, you're the BEST!!

• 379 posts
    January 9, 2022 10:43 AM CST

....and the drama continues with the tweeting website conservative alternative......the shadow banning reporter who queried Ban of America First Streamer.

Again, always research social media websites and decide if they align with your principles; such as their Terms of Service/Boiler Plate Rules, their moderation, even the members ....are the members calm, reflective and practice civil discourse on tough topics or are the members somewhat hostile, angry, hate-filled and just post at the limits of the website's TOS to avoid getting banned?

Everyone has their passions, but it's really time to come together, embrace respect to others even though they see differently then you.  I've really had an eye opener on another website when I read posts that targeted "left-wingers" and "right-ringers".  That name calling needs to be let go too. I actually decided to not further post on that thread, in that other website, simply because I could see where it was going and their was no sense because I'm aware of how this website moderates.  Moderation should be unbiased. 

This post was edited by Web Diva at February 21, 2022 6:55 PM CST
    • 379 posts
    January 30, 2022 9:17 PM CST

The "right" leaning tweeting website is in the news for censoring speech again.  Why is this significant, it IS because "they" claim to be the tweeting website alternative. They did censor the video of Kennedy's assassination.  I have to say, I agree, depending on their TOS, restrictions on age, that video really doesn't need to be available for view.

• 379 posts
    January 30, 2022 9:22 PM CST

On the big websites that always seem to be in the news...... if you use their services, check your privacy settings every once in awhile and make sure you are good with it whatever you are sharing through their services.

• 1 posts
    February 21, 2022 6:17 PM CST

K, this is a sweet exchange.  Ceri, I can feel the friendship bond between you and Tiffany.  That's so AWESOME!!

• 4 posts
    February 21, 2022 6:58 PM CST
    Trinity Grace said:

K, this is a sweet exchange.  Ceri, I can feel the friendship bond between you and Tiffany.  That's so AWESOME!!

Thanks πŸ™πŸΌ 😁
    • 379 posts
    May 20, 2022 1:57 PM CDT

I just posted this on Fb to one of my friends on Fb.  I have so many dev friends I figured we were all in agreement to my comment below I put in quotes.

Aside from the test members we use, I believe we can all agree....boutique and specialty forums have a longer staying power and keep the interests of members because of their uniqueness and that admin and moderators have an emotional investment because we build forums and websites as services to those that need a safe and welcoming place to go.

Tiffany said:

Dummy and Fake users/members are a very prominent misguided method to create content. The websites incorporating this method are using deceptive business practices in their business model while also manipulating their users/members. I prefer the social and forum software platforms that force website administrators/webmasters to only allow real people. These platforms force member registration the honest way, through authentic registration processes that have the new member follow a path of authentication to complete their registration.

This post was edited by Web Diva at May 20, 2022 1:57 PM CDT